NOTICE: LAST UPDATED: March 13, 2015
www.fuckbook.com IS INTENDED FOR CONSENTING ADULTS, OVER AGE 18, OR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR APPLICABLE JURISDICTION, WHICHEVER IS OLDER.
Persons under the age of majority are not eligible to register for, use and/or purchase the services and/or products featured on www.fuckbook.com (“Website”) or to become a member. www.fuckbook.com does not knowingly collect information from children under 18 years of age.
This Policy applies to customer information we collect through our websites (for purposes of this Policy, “websites” includes mobile applications). Your privacy is important to us and we want you to clearly understand how information provided by you, or collected during your use of the website, is utilized to make your visit more enjoyable and to bring to you information and opportunities that may be of interest.
Information We Collect
We collect your information from the following sources:
- Information you give us, including through website registrations, creation of profiles and other information voluntarily supplied by you through posting on the website or engaging in media such as chat.
- Information automatically collected when you visit or use our websites, such as IP address, browser type and via cookies, analytic tools and third-party services in the same fashion as most other websites.
- Our mobile applications collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use and the location of your device. You must first provide permission through your device before the application obtains such location information from technologies like GPS. (If applicable).
How We Use and/or Disclose Your Information
- We use your information to enhance our provision of services to you.
- We may combine all the information we collect from users to determine ways in which our website and offerings can be improved.
- We may disclose or transfer your personal information from time to time to affiliates and third parties to help with our business operations and to bring to you offers that we believe might be of interest to you.
- We may contact you by email for customer service purposes as well as to make you aware of specials, new services and opportunities from our marketing customers.
- We also use such information to protect you, other users and the integrity of our website against fraud or as may be required by law.
- We want to communicate with you in ways you want to hear from us. Examples include email newsletters, special offers, and new product announcements. We will not contact you via phone or text message without your express consent (opt-in). We use an opt-out standard for all communications other than administrative communication concerning your account.
- We participate in re-marketing and interest-based advertising with Google and other companies. This means that you may see advertising on our website tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising on other websites based on your browsing behavior across websites. Learn how to opt-out from participating by clicking here.
Information We Gather Automatically (Non- Personal Technical Data)
Each time an individual visits the Website, our servers collect certain non-personal technical information, including, but not necessarily limited to, the visitor’s IP Address, referral data and browser/platform type. This information is recorded by the standard operation of our Internet servers. We also count, track, and aggregate a visitor’s activity into our analysis of general traffic flows at the Website (e.g., tracking where traffic comes from, how traffic flows within the Website, etc.). The information collected in this regard either cannot identify who you are as an individual or is not used in that manner.
Similarly, a web beacon or pixel are types of code used by web developers which may also be embedded in a web page or email, and allows us or a third-party to see that you have looked at a particular web page. From time to time, we may run limited-time studies using web beacons, sometimes with third parties, to, for example, measure the effectiveness of our advertising or e-mail marketing/communications.
Information Related To Your Mobile Device
We also reserve the right to collect and store information related to your mobile device. In some cases, either we, or our mobile analytic provider, may receive, generate, or assign your mobile device a unique identifier. We may also request you to provide your mobile number to enable new products and improve our product. Our mobile applications collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use and the location of your device. You must first provide permission through your device before the application obtains such location information from technologies like GPS.
Required And/or Optional Information For Becoming A Registered User And Member
When any adult registered user logs on to the Website as a member of this Website, the registered user and/or member may provide certain personal, as well as demographic, information which may include, but is not necessarily limited to, their name, address, age, gender, e-mail address, username and password, personal interests or affiliations and geographical location. This Website collects any and all such information and includes it in its customer database.
If the Website features or conducts any special events, special promotions, third-party offers, contests or polls, a registered user or member of the Website may be asked to provide information in order to participate. If the registered user and member voluntarily provide that information, all such information may be collected by the Website and included in its customer database. When a registered user or member of this Website requests web pages from the Website’s server or clicks on banners or other third-party hypertext links, the Website will automatically collect some information or data about the registered user or member, including the IP address of the registered user or member. The information collected may also indicate any special preferences or requests of the registered user or member. All such information and data will be collected by the Website and included in our customer database. If a registered user or member sends any personal communication or correspondence, by any means, to the Website, or any to any of the Website’s employees, agents or representatives, the Website may collect any information regarding that communication and include that information in its customer database.
Profile Information That You Provide and User Content
We encourage registered users to fill out their profiles as completely as possible. Any communications from other registered users are done via our internal systems, which are used to match the message to you and generate an e-mail notification without disclosing any information aside from your chosen screen name. Accordingly, other registered users may not obtain your personal contact information such as your name, email, or telephone number unless you share it with them. However, any and all personally identifiable information that you: (i) enter into your profile; (ii) include in communications with other registered users or members; (iii) disclose in any media (e.g., text, chat streams, graphical, audio, visual, or audio-visual); or (iv) post or display on the Website is indeed accessible by other registered users and members of the Website. We are therefore not responsible for the disclosure of your personal information in this manner, nor are we liable for any other privacy-related claims or issues arising from your own voluntary disclosure, posting or transmission of personal information via the Website. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you shall be solely responsible and liable for any and all damages, liability and/or other consequences, foreseen or unforeseen, of all information which you submit, publish, display, disseminate, or otherwise communicate through the Website even if a claim for damages or liability should arise after termination or cancellation of our services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
The personally identifiable information obtained from our users is used in a variety of ways.
- It may be used to create, modify, and maintain the personal profiles of the users, to serve search utilities, to implement the functionality of the web site, to track usage, to target advertising, and to make the use of its Services enjoyable and rewarding for everyone involved in it.
- You may be contacted by email to confirm or terminate registration, to notify you of changes in our Terms and Conditions, to deal with any issues particular to you, or to promote events, services, and/or products that we or third-party vendors may wish to bring to your attention. We may use personally-identifiable information in correspondence with the user or with any other person.
- We may license or enter in to agreements with third-parties to transfer or sell outright, the use of personally-identifiable information.
- We may use and disclose any information to anyone, when, in our judgment, it is necessary or expedient to do so for the protection of individuals’, other users’ or the publics’ property.
- We may transfer any or all of the information to any successor in interest as a result of the sale of the web site, its Services, or of a substantial part of its assets.
- We may use personally identifiable information about our users for any reasonable commercial purpose to further your enjoyment, or to bring you opportunities we believe may be of interest to you.
- We participate in interest-based advertising. Interest based advertisements are ads that are served to you based on your browsing behavior. The goal is to show you ads more tailored to your interests. Advertisements may relate to our site or to others. In addition, we belong to ad networks that may use your browsing history across participating websites to show you interest-based advertisements on those websites. You may see ads on participating websites based on how you browse our website and those sites.
- You may get more information on opting-out of either interest-based advertising on our website, or interest-based advertising on other sites, by clicking here.
How We Use Your E-Mail Address
To Better Serve You, We Aggregate Information To Bring You Information That May Be Of Interest To You
We may share or disclose non-private information, aggregate information, or other non-personally identifying information with third parties that we do business with.
Website And Member Communications
Members of the Website can directly communicate with other members through messaging services that are part of the services we provide at the Website (e.g., mail, chat, or via comments). We may use personally identifiable information within your profile to send notifications of these communications to you, but your personally identifiable information is not disclosed to other members by us.
The Website also directly communicates with registered users and members through e-mail, instant messaging, and in some cases, downloaded executables thereby allowing our registered users and members to receive information when they are not on the Website. Our registered users and members can thereby remain current on internal communications and updates from other registered users, members or from us directly. The Website may also use personally identifiable information within your profile to send information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as special banners and promotions. If you do not want us to send you information on other third-party services or products, please contact us.
Personal Data is also collected to enable us to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
For example, Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Application Data Collected
Information collected automatically from this Application (or third-party services employed in this Application) may include: the IP addresses of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Application, the URL addresses or domain (Uniform Resource Identifier) or domain name, the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the user, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the user's IT environment.
Explanation of the Use of Application Data and User ID
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. In that regard, Google Analytics makes use of a feature called user ID. This setup allows for a more accurate tracking of users by associating that user with the same ID over various sessions and devices. It is set up in a way that doesn’t allow Google to personally identify an individual or permanently identify a particular device.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about the Website, we will ask you for your friend’s contact information. The Website will automatically send your friend an e-mail inviting them to visit the Website. The Website maintains this information for the sole purpose of sending this e-mail and tracking the success of the referral.
From time to time, we may sponsor or co-sponsor sweepstakes, offers, products, contests, or other services or events of interest to our registered users and members. In order to receive such offers, products or services, sweepstakes, or contests, your personal information will be shared with such third-party companies. We do this to ensure that they may provide their products and/or services to you without mandating that you first have to re-register. You may opt-out of receiving these communications by contacting us.
Like many businesses, we sometimes hire other companies to present offers, products, contests, or other services or events of interest to our members and registered users. Service Providers may assist us, by way of example, in sending emails, maintaining databases, or providing hosting services. When we employ a Service Provider to perform a function of this nature, we provide it with the information that it needs to perform its specific function, which may include personal data and other information that you provide to us via the Website. Please keep in mind, though, that we do not control, and are not responsible for, the practices of our Service Providers.
The Security Of Your Information
Consistent with the policies set forth herein, the Website has adopted and implemented reasonable, appropriate and technologically feasible procedures for maintaining the security, accuracy and integrity of all personal information relating to registered users or members that is collected by the Website to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or unauthorized destruction of data.
Your registration and member information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. We may enable additional security features in the future, in our sole discretion. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and information by creating a unique, secure, and protected password and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account on the Website. We seek to protect your information (including your account information) to ensure that it is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of any information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
All registered users or members should consider any information provided to or collected by the Website as non-confidential, and consequently the Website assumes no liability or responsibility if any information relating to any subscriber is intercepted and/or used by an unintended recipient.
What Happens To Your Information If The Business Is Sold
As our business grows, there is always the possibility that we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets and you hereby consent to such transfer of your information.
To stop receiving future communications from us or to opt out of having your personal information shared with third parties, please send us your registration information and e-mail address. To cancel your registration and/or membership, please contact us with your registration information and e-mail address. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our services, you may correct, update or cancel your registration and/or membership, and/or deactivate your account, by contacting us.